Re: [DML] poor acceleration... maybe she's just sleepy.. fuel and etc.

Re: [DML] poor acceleration... maybe she's just sleepy.. fuel and etc.

Tony, The wire / connector your describing Black, with 2 blue/black should
plug into another 2 conductor connector hanging down from the rear fire wall
that has a red and a black wire. They are tied into the idle circuit and the
vacuum solenoid. Vacuum has to do with the advancing of the ignition
distributor which would have a definite effect on the running of the car. If
this circuit isn't working proper, the advance to the ignition distributor
won't happen and you will have the symptoms your describing.
John Hervey
http://www.specialtauto.com/

<< While looking around I notice a wire that was dangling at the front of the
engine (near the distributor -- I assume that's called the front). It has a
white two prong plug with three wires going to it. A fairly heavy gauge
black wire to one side and two lesser gauge black wires with blue stripes
going to the other. After a long hard look I found what looks like it's mate
tightly wire tied to a bundle of wires at the firewall. Do you think I
should plug them together? They look like they've been apart for some time.
I'm about to check my manuals to see if I can find out what they are all
about.