Flashing sidelights (and other mods)

Distributor cap is still trapping water, but the great side & tail
light mods are complete:

I highly recommend wiring sidelights into flasher circuits.
Indications during lane changes etc totally unmistakable. I wired both
amber and red lenses for symmetry. Front harness is very accessible if
you remove headlight buckets.

Swapped positions 3 and 2 & 4 between brake and tail lights. Again,
difference is startling (tail light illumination increased 100%). Went
to some trouble to double positions 2 & 4 as brake lights too, then
decided combo looked stupid (reflective position 3 is too different
from its neighbors). Will live off single brake lights until ordered
third brake light arrives. Type 89 bulbs in positions 2 & 4 do not
seem to produce enough heat to damage the housing.

I think the reason headlight dash switches are melting is full side
and tail light amperage passes through. Having resurrected mine, I
inserted a relay into the circuit to prevent future meltdown. Also
separated from fuse 8 (2 and 8 are now mirrors of one another -- much
more logical). This was a prime time to move A/C panel illumination
from the ignition circuit, BTW.
Now, does anybody have any idea how long it will take to extricate the
electrical distributor...

Bill Robertson