Re: Dash Board grounding points

One of the most important grounding points for the electrical system
(and the one that will affect the gauges) is located on the frame in
the front. Jack up the car, pull off the front left wheel and you will
see it directly inside on top of the frame behind the horn. Remove all
of the wires and clean everything including the point on the frame
where they are attached and the bolt. Twitching of the gauges could
also be caused by any loose or intermittant connection in the wiring
system feeding the gauges. Check the terminals on the battery, the
tension on the alternater belt and all of the "big" connections from
the battery to the starter and the alternater. If this doesn't do it
you may have to tear out the binnacle and find the loose plug or
connection causing the problem. The "twitching" could be a sign of
larger problems in your electrical system.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757