Electric car

I have been talking to the guys on the electric car that you all have been
talking about and asked him to respond to some of your e-mails
I think you may enjoy the response and they seem to be real open and are fun
to talk to.

The folowing is the response to Dave Stangards question of the 1600 mile
test.

They wrote.

1,600 miles was the distance to Needles, California. We would have preferred
to do that
but two factors entered into renting the Superspeedway.

First, enough threats .... many, many miles of difficult to protect roadway
created some
serious security concerns.

Second, and really the most important factor, while those of us with a
vested interest
are willing to put up with a 36+ hour "marathon ' drive we could not get any
of the media
types to do the whole trip...without constant scrutiny by an unbiased party
we know no one
would believe us if we did the drive and then "said" we did the drive
without stopping to
plug the baby in.

The shorter distance is a function of how many laps we can do at a 1.33
mile track in the
time allotted...BUT we know it will be far longer than any other "road
ready"electric car ....
and after the time runs out...whatever the miles turns out to be ... we will
consider the claim
proven when the battery bank shows a full charge !

Lots of skeptics, understood.....hope they come out and cheer us on if we're
right and don't
throw anything too hard or sharp if we aren't...but I think all SHOULD
agree if we didn't have
a personal conviction that this will work we sure wouldn't be renting a
Superspeedway
and inviting anyone that is interested to come take a look, free !

Thanks for your continued interest...and , while I'm sure you personally
must be skeptical,
you open-mindedness to allow us to do whatever we do without prior
condemnation !

Doug l.