Re: [DML] Breaking it

Armed with an ammeter I confirmed quickly that the brake switch is intact
internally.

I used contact cleaner to improve the points on the boards and kept picking
up a dead signal. I had noticed the night before that the 15AMP fuse No. 9
had blown.

This according to the plastic fuse box cover and diagram attached to the
inside of the wooden panel covering the fuses states that this fuse should
be for only the rear window demister and electric door mirror motors.
Initially I thought that I should fix the brake light problem before finding
the cause of No. 9 to blow.

I changed my mind and placed a correct 10AMP fuse in the No.9 position. Not
only did the door mirror motors kick back to life but the brake lights also
burst into life.

What caused fuse No.9 to blow. With the 10AMP in place I turned on every
single electrical system including air-con, fogs, high beam, indictors,
radio etc. The fuse has not blown and the quad brake lights are still
working!

The plastic fuse box cover has a label stating No.18 should be a fuse spare
where as on the other diagram it is supposed to be the stop lights. Is my
car abnormal having the stop lights sharing with the demister and door
mirror motors???

Anyway, I shall check my mirror motors occasionally, if they stop working
then I know the brake lights will have too.

Regards

Chris H.