RE: Darryl' AC fan mod

>>Does the Fanzilla affect the fan vs. AC cycling? Or would this still be a
good modification to do even if you have a Fanzilla installed?

Mark N
VIN 6820

At 02:03 PM 8/6/02 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi John
>
>Darryl's mod makes the fans run continuously when the AC is on, but
>allows the compressor to cycle normally.<<

To add to what others have responded, the modification described in my article is an inexpensive way to get nearly the same result as using the Fanzilla. What it does is split the two fans onto two separate relays, reducing the load on each. What you do not get is sequential startup of the two fans. It does not affect the AC compressor cycling. The cost is only for an additional standard relay.

For the record, I did not develop this simple modification. I first heard about it from former PNDC member Harold McElrath, and have used it on most of my cars with great success. All I did was edit his description and submit it to the Zine.

But hey, I'll take all the free advertising I can get.

Darryl Tinnerstet
Specialty Automotive
McCleary, WA
www.delorean-parts.com