RE: left fender availability

"... he explained that it's the same for many (most?)
older/collectible cars - the left front fenders are the most likely damaged
in an accident (moreso than the right FF), and therefore there are less
available due to natural replacement demand. "

Sorry, but that story has little or no bearing on our cars. In the nearly 17 years I have been selling DeLorean parts, the left front fender has always been the hardest to find and most expensive. For whatever reason, not as many were made. In 1987 I asked John himself about this, and he confirmed it. Over the years I have sold a couple dozen of them, and the interesting part is that in the late 80's-early 90's I got lots of calls for them. I suspect people were buying them to hoard rather than use, as I was selling them dirt cheap. These days I get maybe one inquiry a year. I think that casts doubt on the "more frequently damaged" theory. And yes I still have some.

Darryl Tinnerstet
Specialty Automotive
McCleary, WA
www.delorean-parts.com