Re: oil pressure

The first thing that comes to mind would be the oil isn't the correct
viscosity for the climate. Maybe it is time to change the oil? The
other possibility is a faulty oil pressure sender. The OEM unit isn't
well calibrated to the oil pressure gauge in the first place. Marty
Maier offers a very nice alternative and it seems to make the gauge
act properly. It is located next to the oil filter which should be
changed when you change the oil. You can always install a mechanical
gauge temporaraly to check the oil pressure. It is NOT GOOD to run
with 0 oil pressure. Rule of thumb is 10 psi for every 1,000 RPM
starting with at least 15 psi.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Scott Cagle <sharkywtrs@xxxx> wrote:
> Hey everyone;
>
> I just made a climate move from NC to Fla, and since then I have
noticed a peculiar problem. When the car first starts, the oil
pressure reads fine, around 45-50..but after about 25 minutes of
driving, it almost reads 0. The oil level is fine, and there aren't
any major leaks...anyone else have a problem like this? Is this
possibly a faulty gauge? Thanks!

> Scott

> It's not too late to get your 1/18 scale Diecast DeLorean model! To
order, call 800/USA-DMC1 or visit our online store at
http://www.delorean.com

email@xxxx by Everyone.net http://www.everyone.net/?btn=tag