[DML] Re: Question about steel bottle

Coolant bottles are not designed to break. If excess pressure builds
in the cooling system for whatever reason (overheating or lack of
expansion), it is the job of the radiator cap to relieve the
pressure. Cooling system test kits will not only test the cooling
system on a car to insure that there are no leaks, but will also test
radiator caps to insure that they will open @ the appropriate
pressure.

Why don't $100K cars use plastic bottles? I don't know, because I
don't own one (although my D certainly looks it ;) ). If I were to
guess, I'd say because those kind of cars are not in the same class
as DeLoreans are. Not to say that one is either better or worse. But
expensive collector cars in this range are usually not driven quite
as often as DeLoreans, if at all. Hence concern for originality of
the vehicle is placed ahead of function. There is more that could
probably be said, but anything else would simply be speculation on my
part.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"