Re: Wont start when damp

How old are the spark plug wires? Uusally if the wires insulation
breaks down (age, sheild cracks, ect) they will ark to ground (spark
goes into ground instead of going to the plugs) when damp. If there
is a minor hairline crack in the distributor that could also cause a
arc to ground. To test your wires a simple way would be to start up
your car, get a water spray bottle filled with regular tap water,
spray a fine mist onto the wires and see if the engine dies. If it
does chances are you have bad wires/boots. If you spray a mist over
the cap and it dies then you may have a bad cap. It's not 100%
accurate but it is helpfull.

Steve