Re: [DML] Re: Tire pressures. Was: Goodyear tires

Re: [DML] Re: Tire pressures. Was: Goodyear tires

Yup. 40/40 will give good results for high speed performance driving on dry
pavement. Although I think that it will have some understeer with the
fronts as high as the rears. But the trade-off is bad wear characteristics,
bad wet weather handling, and a lousy ride compared to having the tires at
the correct pressures.

I have run 36F and 42R on my DeLorean for autocrossing purposes, to reduce
tire roll to a minimum when doing very high-G cornering. But if you leave
it at that pressure it will slide a lot on wet pavement and wear much more
in the center of the tread rather than evenly across all the tread.

While the glove box sticker may only give one set of pressures, DMC did
specify a range for different types of driving. The owner's manual lists it
as 23F/30R for normal driving and 29F/34R for continuous high speed
driving. I typically run 25/32 on my car as a sort of compromise.

Just ignore the tire pressures listed on the side of the tire unless you
are hauling heavy loads and need to increase your carrying capacity on a
truck or SUV.

Mark N
VIN 6820