Re: [DML] Headlamp switch feeling the heatwave also

Re: [DML] Headlamp switch feeling the heatwave also

> I searched the archives and found nothing on the headlamp switch
> melting. Tonight I went to someone's house and when I went to switch
> off the headlamps, the switch was permanently stuck in the on

Yup, it happens, and more frequently than people might expect. I had mine
melt on me one night after a long evening of driving with the headlights
on. I had the reverse problem as you -- because of the way the switch
melted, I couldn't get the headlights to stay on by themselves without
manually holding the switch in. Very difficult to drive and shift when
you've got one hand holding the headlights on.

At the time, when I ordered a new part from Houston, Warren said he
couldn't remember hearing of that happening before. Within a week, two or
three other people on this list had experienced the same problem. I don't
remember that we ever reached a definitive conclusion as to what exactly
was causing the switches to melt, other than the obvious "too much heat
generated by the juice flowing through the switch".

--Josh