Quiting...

Hmm. Perhaps I live in a bubble, because I had no idea that there were so
many underlying problems here. But it seems that we do. I'm not going to take
sides with anyone here. Because yes I too have had posts rejected. Most of
the time when I took a step back and looked at them from a different point of
view, I could understand, and agree with them. And sometimes, obviously not.
But that's not the point. The point is that we have a problem here that has
been addressed, and now needs to be corrected. The DML has been a great
resource for me. It has helped me solve a good many issues with my car, and
has helped me along the way with a whole number of both related, and
unrelated issues. Now a few people are leaving, and that is of course fine. I
really wish that you would reconsider, because after all, you're making more
work for me by having to read 2 seperate lists. If I have a question, or anything
like that, I do not want to X-post it to 2 seperate mailing lists.

The DeLorean is as unique a car, as those people around it. And when I say
that, I wish to encompass everyone from concept of the car, until now, all of us
here now. Over 2 decades ago, people came together to build these cars. Our
differences here on the list about postings are beyond petty compaired to
theirs. After all, here we have a problem, and people are simply threating to
leave. In Northern Ireland, if there were problems, "solutions" usually
consisted of bombs and bullets. But still yet, they all managed to come
together to build our cars. (Granted they also got paid to be there) The most
we really have to fear are a few harsh words. But the point is, if they could
compromise certain things to come together for a worthy cause, then so can
we! We've all got a lot to live up to here. Now I'm certainly not asking to forgive
and forget. I just feel that now that we have all agreed upon an issue, we owe
it to ourselves, and to everyone else to stick this thing thru. If someone wants
to leave this list, then yes, I for one want to hear about it. I want to know why.
Because if there is a problem that exists, then it certainly needs to be
corrected. What makes this list is not just the fact that everyone here has
joined for a common topic, or a common goal: The preservation of the Car, the
Company, and the Man. What makes this list is that we've taken the time to
join, and to communicate. None of this is required, but people here have
taken the time to do so.

Now it has been discussed before that the Moderators have a lengthy job. So
I'm not going to try and slam them, or anything like that. But what hasn't been
discussed is that the contributors also have the same type of job. It isn't
always easy to post a question, nor especially a solution. It takes a bit of work,
so when someone's post gets rejected, I know that it feels like you put in alot
of work for nothing. So we all seem to agree that message approval/topic
continuation needs work. Fine. I'll agree to that too on both sides. Even I
agree that sometimes we all should also read up a bit on "nettiquite" as well.
This would be apart of a compromise on both sides. Now it seems that we all
still have a good deal more to say on this topic, so please, let's make sure that
all here are heard. This thread is FAR from closed yet. But myself, I would like
to ask of everyone here that we now work twards a resolution. This "Us vs.
Them" mentality between the list members and moderators is not a productive
one. So I implore everyone to try and dissolve this. If must choose an "enemy"
of some sort to all rally against, let us choose Failure. And if we must choose a
common goal to all fight for, let it be Sucess.

Now if you will excuse me, I have a full tank of gas, a freshly tuned motor,
lovely driving weather, and nothing to do. In other words, I'm going to spend
today behind the wheel of what I am here for. I would like to kindly suggest
that everyone else do the same.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"