Re: Walt quitting...

[Moderator Note: I don't consider this post to be a flame, but it is getting close. Let's play nice this week. Please. -moderator Mike Substelny]

I agree with Walt in one aspect. He claims that we, as DML subscribers, should be able to skip and delete the posts that we don't want to read and that we are all adults who can make these intelligent decisions. This is true. I skip or delete about 99% of Walt's posts because they are either too long, or there is some sort of rubbish or misinformation in them. I particularly love his post about how custom wheel adaptors are NOT the way to go when putting aftermarket wheels on a DeLorean. Well..... my car was at Memphis; aftermarket wheels and all.... where were Walt's aftermarket wheels? Oh! I'm sorry.... his method didn't work! They were still at his house, and all this after spending thousands of dollars trying to get them to fit! (And they still don't fit from what I understand.) Gee, I guess my custom CNC hubcentric opposable stud rear wheel adaptors must be the wrong way to go... especially since they actually WORK were made by the same company that supplies adaptors for professional race cars.

Walt, you don't want DMC anywhere on your car, and you don't want to contribute and conform to the rules on the list... that's fine. You seem to enjoy being a "DeLorean rebel".You want your car to be a "Walt", and you want your list to be a "Walt". If you want to leave, then leave. Just go already! I've had plenty of posts rejected in the past. The moderators can attest to that. You don't see me whining and complaining. Do I think unkindly of a few of them? Honestly, I really don't care to take even 2 seconds of my time to think about it. I have more important things to do with my life. It's a damn chatting list! Why get so upset? Seems so childish...

Ah screw this... I'm taking my DeLorean (with the perfectly functional aftermarket wheels) out for a drive... I hope Walt enjoys writing his "book-long" posts on his own list.

---Dan