Re: Rear NCT Tire Needed

If the tire is inflated to 60 PSI, you'll immediatly see it. When
inflated, the tread will bow out and be round. It will look like a
donut. I've seen a lot of pictures on the internet of spare tires,
and they all have the same flat tread on the bottom. So that's a
quick way to see if it's got some pressure. The only true way of
course to check pressure is to use a tire gague.

Went thru the same exact senario not too long ago myself, and had to
carry the rear tire in the passenger seat. Lucily I was alone. I
figure that I'll need to get a luggage rack to carry the tire on the
rear of the car incase this happens again. Along with some bungee
cords to hold it in place, which I'm not too fond of. With all the
accessories that people love to engineer, an adaptor to attach to the
rear rack to secure the flat tire in place would be a great idea to
me.

Also, rather than just simply trying to look for a replacement NCT,
prehaps it is time to replace the whole set. If originality is
important, then put the tires into storage. Otherwise, 21+ year old
rubber is not going to perform as well as new tires would.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "bob.hlavacek" <bob.hlavacek@xxxx> wrote:
<SNIP>
> ADVICE: Keep your donut spare at 60 PSI ! Mine looked and felt
hard, but
> looked a little low when it was put on and off the jack. Like I
said, it
> was good for 70'. I put the NCT in the passenger seat. Will it fit
> anywhere else? Wisecracks will be graciously accepted. There has
to be
> some fun in this.
<SNIP>