Painted D

List

Some of you had asked about the paint used on the Yellow D you saw at
the Memphis show.

It is a German brand paint called Spies Hecker. This paint uses an
acid etch primer, color coat, and clear coat and is baked on at 140
degress. It comes with a lifetime guarantee. Color is Millenium
Yellow from a 02 Vette. I figured if it was good enought for a
Vette, it was good enough for the D.

One warning...if you have fiberglass ground effects, etc, do not bake
at 140 degrees. This amount of heat on fiberglass can cause it to
pop and split. Use a lower temp and longer time.

Thanks for all the positive comments on our Yellow D project car.
Glad you all enjoyed it.

Thanks Ron