Re: purchasing experiences from SpecialTAuto?

Re: purchasing experiences from SpecialTAuto?

I've had no problems purchasing parts from SpecialTAuto, and have found
them to be of excellent quality. I picked up one of the 150 Amp Alternators,
and installed it into my car. Everything was shipped promptly, and came with
VERY detailed instructions for both installation, and operation. I had more
difficulty removing the old alternator, than I did installing the new one.
Common parts that you would order with certain specialty items are priced
about the same if not less than other vendors, so my bulk order for the
alternator, & drive belts was very cheap considering the prices paid, and the
higher power alternator ordered.

Over all, I do tend to buy the majority of parts from those vendors that also
have service centers. But for the smaller items that you'll find, I get them thru
the those vendors who mainly specialize in parts only. The replacement
pulley bearings I picked up from SpecialTAuto were only $4.95 ea, when
other vendors have them for about $23 ea. I also broke an antenna mast. The
price for an entire unit was over $180. But since I didn't need a new unit, I was
able to pick up a replacement mast from Darryl Tinnerstet @ Specialty
Automotive in Washington for only $40. So, for alot of the odds & ends
needed for you car, they can be had at a decent price, and you can still feel
good because you can buy them from a DeLorean vendor! No matter where
you go for parts, it never hurts to shop around!

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"