Re: [DML] Greetins from Elkhart Lake!! And a question...

Re: [DML] Greetins from Elkhart Lake!! And a question...

> Do any of you know of anyone who has driven
> a DeLorean at Road America?

We've, ( Marty Maier, Don DeBolt, Dick Ryan, Judy Van Meter and I ) have all
driven DeLoreans at Road America while participating in the Wisconsin Sports
Car rally several times over the last few years. One year we were allowed 5
laps, that's 20 miles, and there was no speed limit. We were allowed passing
on the front straight but had to hold our positions in the other track
areas. Judy and I had fun with an older Porsche 911 and we both actually
beat him to turn one. I drove hard enough to find that after three spirited
laps I ran out of brakes from over heated pads and fluid coming into turn four and almost ended up in the sand. They told us that anyone not following the rules about passing or anyone going off track would cause everyone to be called in and the offender would be turned over to the other drivers while the organizers turned their backs. I had visions of being strung up at the nearest tree had I gone into that sand trap. The brakes came back after a a few miles of cooling down. It was the experiance of a lifetime and I don't belive it's offered anymore. Alex, one of the organizers used to work for Road America and had a good relationship with the owner. The track has changed ownership since then.

Bruce Benson