Re: [DML] Re: Door strut debacle

In a message dated 7/18/02 12:38:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
twinenginedmc12@xxxx writes:

<< My original post about the incorrect door struts, 26812, refers to
the cylinder body being about 5mm longer than original equipment, not
the full extended length of the strut, as Mr. Espey has
misinterpreted. >>

Mr. Espey instills little confidence in his products when he doesn't know
himself the manner in which they deviate from factory spec. Incorrectly
admitting to, and defending, a non existant excessive extension lenght as a
"feature" sounds like a defense someone at a computer Software Company would
employ. Additional spin control by implying modifications and altered door
geometry is also a fine tactic.

Admitting your blunder and compensating all affected would be the honorable
thing to do. But then profit vs principle becomes the issue. Credit is due
for the forthcoming nature of Mr. Espey's and Delorean Motor Company's
admission as the source. But what does or does not happen next will tell even
more....

Jim 6147