[DML] Re: Door strut debacle

I just noticed today that my car has strut problems too. The lower ball
joint mounted in the fiberglass is noticeably bent on both the driver &
passenger side. I had forgotten that I had noticed this before. At the
time I assumed that it was due to things "settling in" and forgot about it.
I came to this conclusion because the drivers side is bent about twice as
much as the passenger side, and since it gets proportionally more use, this
made sense.

My car came from the previous owner with Lift-O-Mat brand struts (the ones
with the black rods). The paper trail with the car indicates that they were
patronizing DeLorean One. And Rick Gendreau (Mr. Twinengnedmc12) confirmed
that DeLorean One used to sell these.

Things I have yet to find out:
1) Did the Lift-O-Mat struts bend my ball joints?
2) Or did they bend on their own due to normal use?
3) Or did they bend due old struts that has since been replaced before I
owned the car?

In the next several days I plan to take the struts off and make some
measurements to find out.

Walt Tampa, FL