Re: [DML] Open Invitational Door Strut Test

Re: [DML] Open Invitational Door Strut Test

Rick, I will be glad to work with you. But let me tell you this. When a strut
gets a few years old like 5 or so, the pressure gets less. NOS stock isn't
any good. The door struts are 1200 Newtons + or - out of the box, if I'm not
mistaken and will as you know increase pressure and decreases as the
temperature changes. Most are date coded as I get them and well within specs.
I also recently tested a 5 year old against a new one and just guessing I
would say there was 20 to 30% difference.
John Hervey
?http://www.specialtauto.com/hardware.shtml

<< I recently had trouble with a mechanically incompatible door strut
that I purchased from a well known, and otherwise respected vendor.
I've since ordered replacement struts from a different vendor, and
will be comparing them in terms of geometry and function.