speeding tickets? was Re: bad jokes we get... :)

speeding tickets? was Re: bad jokes we get... :)

Hi again guys,
Something I've been wondering about - when you get pulled over for
speeding, do you generally get a ticket, or is the cop more
interested in talking about/checking out the DeLorean, and then
leaves you off with a warning? I've been pulled over for speeding a
few times in MASS and Rhode Island, since I got the D, and also for
not displaying a front licence plate. Never got a ticket... Every
time, the cop says something like "oh I remember when these came out,
what year is it...etc". Then I get the warning " well, nice car, but
keep it down in future, I'll give you a warning this time only!"
Once, I was driving back from my friend Declan Kellys house (he has a
D too), doing at least 85 (in a 65mph zone) or so. A car pulls up
beside me, so I look over, and its the cops! They just drove beside
me for a few seconds (I thought there's no point in slowing down at
this stage unless they pull me over), then they waved and took off
ahead of me! Very strange...

Any other owners had this experience?
John Dore, Boston, MA. #3810.

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Christopher M. Hawes" <chris@xxxx> wrote:
> I went one night for a one mile drive down to my office to pick
something
> up. It was around 11pm and as I pulled out on to the main road a
set of
> headlights shot up rather close behind me. I looked up to see a
Police