RE: [DML] Re: Door Adjustments

I have door launchers on my car. I also have the
self-dampening struts. Here are my comments after 5
months of ownership.

I would not use anything other than the self-dampening
struts with the launchers. I suspect that would
result in too much bouncing at the top and that would
seem to cause other problems we wouldn't want to
experience.

Yes, the trosion bar was tightened a a bit more than
"normal". However, I plan to back it off a notch. I
think the doors will go up just fine and it will make
them easier to close. (My wife is a small woman and
has difficulty getting the right leverage to close the
door gracefully - that's the bad news. She points out
that the good news is that I now close the door for
her!)

IMHO, the launchers are a very nice, cool, unobtrusive
addition to the D.

Dick Ryan