No A/C Fan

I haven't posted in a while because everything has been running fine. Well
last night that changed a bit. I took the car for a short drive and almost
immeditally smelled thing burning like an electrical short, so I turned
around and went home. Didn't see any smoke just smelled it. Today, after
looking the fuses and engine bay over and not seeing anything wrong I
started it back up and the interior A/C fan wouldn't come on.

I could hear the compressor cycling outside but no inside fan, I tried all
four positions and nothing. The funny thing is the A/C was ON when I
smelled something burning and it kept running until I got home. I suppose
the Fan has given up but wanted to get other peoples opinion first and see
what everyone else thought it might be.

Thanks

Mike Atkinson