From: Travis Goodwin [mailto:tgoodwin@xxxx]
Sent: Monday, June 24, 2002 7:39 AM
To: 'dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: RE: [DML] strange start problems << I have a similar issue

Good news. I got the car started! I pulled the wire to the thermo-time
switch and she huffed and puffed and turned over. It's initial hesitation I
blame on a build-up of fuel from the prior crankings. Now, it only takes
about one turn of the starter solenoid to get it cranked.

Now to the weird part. Once I unplugged the thermo-time switch, it cranks
fine. If I plug it back in, it also cranks fine. When the engine is cold
there is some sputtering if I hammer down on the gas, but slow pressure
rises the RPMs nicely.

Could it be that the thermo-time switch was stuck closed and unplugging it
caused it to be released, leaving it stuck open all the time?

Early on, I was checking the spark at the plug and I couldn't get one. Will
the spark jump out past the rubber sheath when grounded to the engine?

Message: 12