Re: [DML] Quick temp gauge question

In a message dated Sun, 23 Jun 2002 12:32:23 PM Eastern Standard Time, delorean@xxxx writes:

> Where is the sending unit for the temp gauge?
>
> my temp gauge just sits there .. does not move ...
>

> sometimes if i am lucky it works.. sounds like a bad
> connection
>
> if any can please let me know
>
> thanks
> ken
> 05541

Ken,

the sending unit is found by removing the airbox and peering on the inner side of the passenger side cylinder head. there should be a single green wire sticking off the post on top of it. it's a little bit hard to see, a little bit harder to remove and replace, but no biggie. i think it only costs about $20. check the wire on the sending unit and make sure it is tight. also check where the wire goes into the firewall near the ignition coil thru one of those big harnesses. i don't remember which pin it is, maybe someone else can help you there. if the problem lies in the cluster, it could be that the gauge isn't making good connections on the PCB board, or the harness isn't making a good connection on the copper fingers. finally, it isn't impossible for the whole gauge to be bad. mine was!

good luck,
Andy