[DML] Re: Fuel injector cleaning

Willie - Removal of the fuel injectors is quite simple. Assuming you
know what they are, and where they are, they simply snap into
receptacles in the cylinder heads. They are held in with a three-
prong snap clip that attaches to the top flange of each receptacle.
The fuel delivery line has a banjo fitting that is attached to the
injector with a hollow bolt. "Crush washers" are used to seal the
banjo fitting to the injector. There is a rubber seal on each
injector to seal it in the receptacle. You pull straight up to
remove the injector, and remove the hollow bolt to separate it from
the fuel line. Installation is just the reverse. Extreme caution
should be taken when installing them, to ensure that there are no
leaks. Always use new washers, torque the hollow bolts per the shop
manual, and make sure the snap clips are in good shape, and that they
clip securely on the flange of each receptacle. If you are unsure of
your ability to do it, you should hire it out (see endless thread on
fire extinguishers!).

Toby Peterson VIN 2248
Winged1