Re: Fw: buying a "D"

When you do a bit of digging for more information on the car such as
this, you may just be a bit surprised. There are quite a few people
to my understanding that use their cars as daily drivers. Myself
included. To take this a step farther, the DeLorean was my only car
for over 2 years. I only purchased a beater truck because I needed to
haul some items around that my DeLorean simply couldn't as a car. The
truck sits in my driveway, and I hardly drive it!

As far as reliability, I don't consider the DeLorean any less
reliable than any other car on the road. Perhaps moreso because of
the extra care and maintenance that goes into my car. But this is
true of any vehicle. If you want ultimate peice of mind, then yes, a
refurbished DeLorean is the way to go. I've had problems in the past
with my own car. But none of them were nessisary. Proper maintenance
would have prevented all of them (aside from my own mistake of taking
someone else's word that the parts had already be repaired). So as a
car, the DeLorean is a solid one. I trust my 21 year old DeLorean WAY
more than I would any brand-new, off the lot Ford Focus! So in the
end, it just depends upon wheather you want to restore a car
yourself, or if you would prefer to have a refurbished one that has
already been gone thru. Confident piece of mind, or Proud
restoration?

Now, the question you asked before was if the DeLorean suited your
needs. Well, only you can really answer that one. What do you
consider your "needs" are? If you "need" to own a fun car, that's the
first requirement that you've already met! :-)

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"