Re: Angle Drive (Was: Mileage on a Delorean...)

--- In dmcnews David Teitelbaum wrote:

> besides who trusts mileage
> with the crummy history of the angle drive?

I for one don't;
This weekend I fixed my Speedo drive for the 5th time in one
year...
To get it working I spent 3 hours assembling, testing,
disassembling, testing other things, reassembling etc. etc.
untill I finally had it working.
For how long? Nobody knows...
Might be a year or even two, on the other hand it might just break
down after 2 miles of driving again. Meanwhile I've spent well
over $500,- dollars on replacement parts and repairs and have
had it working for little over 1500 miles, while putting more than
4500 miles on the car as far as I know...

As a backup I'm going to install a Bike-speedo capable of
300kmh speeds with a readout in KMH instead of miles.
This way I have a KM-odometer, a KMH speedo AND I get a
readout at 85mph/140kmh+ speeds...

Might seem a good idea, but I'd much rather have a working
speedo on my dash. I anctiously await the Digital Speedo by
DMC Texas, but as I understand this might take more than a year
before it hits the market.
Maybe James can elaborate on this? I'd be willing to take a
prototype and function as a "Beta-tester"...

As for the mileage, I'd say drive it! Having 5000 miles on it or
15000 isn't that much of a difference. Putting 50,000 on DOES
make a difference.
Also ask yourself the question whether the torment of not driving
it weighs up to the supposed increase in value...

Jan van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000