Re: [DML] Burned DeLorean :(

'Tis time to consult an attorney. Not only should you receive compensation for the loss, but the Ins. Co. should then cover your legal expenses. Sic 'em, & hold on. Drive Stainless Robert VIN 6924

From: "Derrick Viane" <clarion9375r@xxxx> Reply-To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [DML] Burned DeLorean :( Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 03:14:12 +0000

Well Group back about two weeks after 9-11 I wrote to tell you all that my
D was burned to the ground. Well here is an update. It was determined that
the fire was intentionaly set. At this time I still have no solid leads as
to who might have done this. The insurance company has denied my claim on
the basis of "misrepresentation of facts and circumstances surrounding the
loss" which means that they think I had something to do with it, which I
did not, and I don's think they have any evidence to support it because they
have not charged me. In the first denial letter they gave a very vauge
reason why the denied it and finally after several failed attempts to
elaborate I went to the insurance commission and they got a little more but
still not much.
The reason I am writing you is to ask all of you parts junkies what you
might offer me for whats left of my car so that I might fight my insurance
co. As of right now I do not have a place to host all of the images for
whats left and as soon as I can find a host I will let everybody know. In
the mean time I can give a general idea of whats left; whole front portion
of car hood w/pleats & flap, both quarters, both front rims, pretty much
everything from the wipers forward. I am sure the frame is still good
(Automatic) I am unsure of the engine becase the engine compartment
sustained heavy damage. Possibly the back rims. That is a basic rundown of
whats left. Like I said as soon as I can I will post some pics untill then
you can e-mail me direct at ghettodmc(at)ameritech.net.

until the next time

Derrick