Re: PJ Grady shocks...New DeLorean Parts

Re: PJ Grady shocks...New DeLorean Parts

Language can be tricky :)
What I meant with "uses off the shelf" is exactly what you say, using
shocks from one of the worlds shocks manufacturers, whereas DMC
Houston's is custom made for the DeLorean. Or do you mean that Gradys
shocks are custom made too? If so, I apologize for making a mistake.

But my point is still: Why have two DMC vendors making "their"
shocks? Freedom of choice for us customers, maybe, but if they had
agree to co-operated developing one "DeLorean shock" the development
costs combined would have been much lower. Result: Cheaper shocks or
the same price as now, only that more funds would be available for
new projects/reproductions. In other words - it would take less time
to produce reproductions of depleted stock/low quality OEM parts (for
instance the AC illumiation panel) I sure would be one of those who
would buy a quality plastic piece with the face engraved in the
plastic and not so flimsy sticker which would crack and split the
next day. Or how about the bracket which fasten the T-panel and
covers the torsionbarbrackets. We've all waited very long.

I have created a poll around suggested new reproduction replacement
parts.

Please vote - and hopefully the vendors will see what people wants!

Best wishes
Stian Birkeland
Norway

VIN # 06759