Re: To engine cover, or not to engine cover...

Re: To engine cover, or not to engine cover...

I drove my car around for a week or so with no engine cover. The
holes for the support bracket had broken, so I replaced the cover
with a new one. I had no problems driving mine with no engine
cover. In fact, the engine should stay a little cooler with the cover
off. You have probably already done this, but make sure your
engine compartment light is disconnected.

John Yeoman

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Marc A. Levy" <malevy@xxxx> wrote:
> That is the question! :)
>
> Any reason it would be bad to drive my car to Memphis with no
engine cover? Just the louvers?

> I ask because I still have a list of things to do including adjust
the engine cover latch and time is getting short. My thought was to
just leave it off..