Re: [DML] To engine cover, or not to engine cover...

Re: [DML] To engine cover, or not to engine cover...

> Any reason it would be bad to drive my car to Memphis with no engine
cover? Just the louvers?

I think you are okay as long as the plug wells have the plug wire caps
properly seated and tight. It seems that the purpose of the engine cover,
besides for looks, is to deflect most of the water from coming down on top
of the engine and let it run to the sides. Going long term without the
cover could get some nasty corrosion into the deep casting channels in the
top of the block.

Walt