Re: Car sometimes dies, won't start, click click click from relays

Re: Car sometimes dies, won't start, click click click from relays

Before you go changing everything I would first load test the battery
and check and clean all of the "big" connections. I have seen several
batteries that act like they have a loose connection inside, sometimes
they work fine and sometimes they act like they are dead.
Only change the fuel accumulater if you have a hard hot start
problem. The fuel filter won't cause this but if it hasn't been
changed in a long time there certainly is no harm in changing it. If
you have a very early car (which your vin suggests) there is a wiring
mod that should be done (see the archives). Also check the inertia
switch, if it is on the lambda counter move it and make sure it has a
white spot on it (it might be the old one that was recalled if it
doesn't have the white spot). The old inertia switch would kill the
fuel pump.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757