Re: [DML] vendors and other scammers

I seems that from "day one" there have been two very
VOCAL camps to which many DeLorean owners belong. One
is the, for lack of better words "purist" camp. The
other is the "modifiers". I suspect there is a third
group that is larger than either of these but, perhaps
unfortunately, is less vocal. I'll call these folks
the "silent majority".

Since I dislike generalizations, I'll use myself to
describe this latter group. I don't go in for MAJOR
appearance changes. I pretty much want my car to look
like DeLoreans did when they came from the factory.
Having said that, I admit to being quite willing to
install things that make my car run better; ie.,
Zilla products, triple core radiator, self-bleeder,
turbos, etc., etc.

Yes, I generally purchase from the standard DeLorean
vendors, and, yes, often that is because of
convenience. Sometimes I wonder if I can do better,
pricewise, if I were to go elsewhere. Often I don't
even know where "elsewhere" is!

Convenience has a value to me. (As a retailer who
also has to compete with the internet discounters, I
realize that the value of my services is not set by
me, but by my customers.) I also do not have
unlimited funds and, thus, would appreciate knowing of
equal or better products and lesser cost.

The DeLorean community has two extremely wonderful
attributes. It is willing to share information and it
includes some VERY talented people. ANYTHING that
interferes with that exchange of information is a big
loss to a lot of us. Over the years we have lost
input from some people who got upset when personally
challenged. That is extremely unfortunate. All of us
lose when that happens.

Perhaps we all (yes, myself included) need to think
twice before hitting the "send" key. Information is
one thing - opinions which cast aspersions are
another.

Let's all do WHATEVER it takes to keep the INFORMATION
pipeline flowing with ALL ideas.

Dick Ryan

--- checksix3 <checksix3@xxxx> wrote:
{BIG SNIP}
I regret
> taking that approach here and will refrain from
> offering any further
> information in the future. If you're personaly not
> interested in
> reducing costs, better engineering and materials,
> improved SS fuel
> baffles, intelligent door locking and release
> systems, real
> electrical improvements, electronic engine
> management and monitoring
> as well as other engineering that can be applied,
> thats fine by me.
{BIG SNIP}