Re: Door/Roof seals - pop rivets or screws?

Re: Door/Roof seals - pop rivets or screws?

At our tech session here last month, we watched Don Steger replace
the upper door seals using very short screws WITH THE POINTS GROUND
OFF. Nothing special about them except the size. In a pinch I'm sure
he'd be glad to sell you a set. You're right - it's much easier with
the t-panel removed. They did not remove the torsion bars, but you do
need to be very careful where you throw the drill around.

Dave Swingle

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "dmcnorway" <delorean@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
> I need some suggestions on how to fasten the door/roof seal. Yes, I
> know that you have to drill out the old pop rivets, take of the T-
> panel off, and preferably have the torsion bars out when you drill.
>
> But - is it possible to use other fasteners than new pop rivets?
>
> I'm already on my 2nd set of door/roof seals, (don't ask me why!)
and