[no subject]

BRAVO JAMES ESPEY!!!!!
Your comments are well thought out, worded and well accepted by the DeLorean
community who don't want to "mickey mouse" their car.

Every day there is a note from someone pee'd because the previous owner
didn't get the correct part from a recognized vendor or screwed up a repair
and now, the new owner has a sour taste in his (her) mouth about our vehicle
marque.

Yes, some parts are expensive. Face facts. This is an unusual car. We owners
are a little unusual to own a DeLorean instead of an easy fixer upper that
looks like a "plain jane" car. I just laid out $300 and change (USA$$) for a
radiator that I stupidly broke while changing a lower hose in preparing for
Memphis. Add to that, the dollar exchange @ about 63% plus the $122.00 for
courier charges, including 15% sales taxes------ that radiator cost me about
$600.00 landed into Canada. ............BUT....I ordered it from Rob Grady
on Monday, June 3 / 02, and got it Wed June 5 / 02 .

My friend makes radiators and has for over 30 years. My cost from him to
custom fabricate the unit would have been $500.00 to 600.00 Canadian
dollars. He needed 2 weeks to make it. (Assume it would fit correctly the
first time we try to install it)

Is it cost effective to buy outside goods? I think not!

My feelings anyway!

Marvin Stein
was an '83, was an '81, now '83 #17707
Printed Drinkware Company