Glass Strength.

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Walter Coe" <Whalt@xxxx> wrote:
<SNIP>
Iron can be mixed in glass
> to make it stronger, and this gives it a green tint. Since the
DeLorean
> windshields don't have this green tint, my theory is that they are
not as
> strong.
<SNIP>

Take it from me, the glass in the DeLorean is pretty strong! I
once got into a road rage incident with a drunk driver one night
who threw not one, but 2 beer bottles at my glass. Both the rear
quater glass, and the window glass were fine. And for rocks
from gravel trucks, I've only gotten 2 nicks in the glass that can
be easily repaired. An interesting aspect of the glass is that it
appears to be coated with something. Unless this is something
unique to my car, if you look at the glass from an angle in the
sunlight, you can see what almost appears to be a "webbing"
over the glass. It's not tint, because my windows are neither
smoked, nor dark. I always assumed that this is what keeps the
glass so strong.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"