Stripping....A DELOREAN (What were YOU thinking?)

Stripping....A DELOREAN (What were YOU thinking?)

Hi folks,
I've had a few very serious bites on my car. It's VIN #10365,
1982 gray 5-speed. Mechanically it's really nice, drives solid, all
leather was redone in 1997, many new parts done professionally by Dan
RC30 and P.J. Grady DeLorean. Here's the problem: it's painted white.
The grain appears to be in tact underneath (it's been stripped in
various places) and the paint never adhered correctly (Previous Owner
job). It looks like white alligator skin, no luster. People usually
balk last minute because I cannot say for certain there's no body damage.
Anyway, wanted to throw this out. I'm asking $13,000 for the
car. I am willing to strip it, but I really would rather not. I will
do the work myself so it will take a bit longer, but I'll do it if
that's what the buying DeLorean public wants. Here's the catch: if
the stainless is not flawed with dents and Bondo, I believe the value
of the car goes up considerably. I think the same car with stainless
panels is worth somewhere in the $16,000 range.
I wanted your thoughts on this. I don't want to be a jerk about
selling it, but if I go through the work to bring the SS finish back,
the value of the car goes up, right? Just want to make sure no one
thinks I am on hard drugs with this train of thought.

Matthew
VIN #10365
VIN #16816