door hinge wobble

Now that I have my drivers door off, I have noticed what seems like a lot of
looseness in the hinges. In the closed position, the front hinge has 3mm of
fore/aft play, and the rear hinge has 7mm. Of course with the door
attached, the hinges are going to be held parallel, but I'm curious if
anyone can say if this amount of slop is normal. It seems like a lot.
There is no measurable play perpendicular to the pivot axis which is what
really matters.

Walt