Re: [DML] How do you keep your engine clean???

Re: [DML] How do you keep your engine clean???

I don't recommend steam cleaning for the engine unless you intend to let the
car sit for at least 24 hours before attempting to re-start the car. I have
hundreds of reports of DeLorean owners being stranded after a steam
cleaning. The PRV spark plug position will allow any high pressure water
source to cause the plug wells to become moisture saturated leading to spark
plug high voltage arching. This condition will cause plug mis-fire and a
possible engine no-start condition. Hand cleaning with an engine degreaser
is the
safest and least expensive way to clean your engine compartment. If you use
a garden hose for rinsing be sure to keep water away from the spark plugs
and distributor cap.

If you must take your DeLorean to a steam cleaning facility advise them in
advance as to where not to aim their steam spray nozzle.

Just for the record usually a new set of ignition wires properly installed
will be
impervious to water entering the spark plug wells.

DMC Joe
Tech Information, DMC Joe Help Club, & Store
See You In Memphis!
http://shopping.oraclesmallbusiness.com/dsvstore
DeLorean Website Directory www.dmc.tv