Re: One step closer

> I have 1 issue, when I switch between modes on the switch I get a hissing
> sound from the back of the switch, and it doesn't always completely 'make
> the connection'.

The mode switch might have dried out and needs to be cleaned & re-lubed.
Take it apart and inspect the rubber maze to see if it is worn or chewed up.
This part can be replaced with a reproduction from PJ Grady. If it is still
good, then give it a very light film of silicone grease and put it back
together. I know that silicone won't rot rubber, but other lubricants
might. If it still hisses it is probably too worn or compressed with age
and needs to be replaced. If you are really feeling cheap, you might be
able to shim the inside to make a tighter seal. The rubber part is supposed
to have two barbs that hold it in place. Be sure these haven't sheared off.

Walt