Re: Wire-Colors

On 29-05-2002, Dan wrote:

> I'm currently preparing my car for it's first MOT (road legal
> testing) over here in the UK. I have to put sidelights in the
> headlights as a legal requirement (orange isn't allowed) and so I
> need to know which wire feeds the sidelight element of the bulb in
> the indicator? Black red and green... Black being obvious but which
> of the other two feed the sidelight?

Red w/ stripe is for the position lights,
Green w/ stripe is for the blinkers,
Black is Ground.

On the electrical schematic the wire codes are
RO (Red-Orange) RH side Tail-, Marker- and position lights
RB (Red-Black) LH side Tail-, Marker- and Posiotion lights
GW (Green-White) RH side Directional/Blinker
GR (Green-Red) LH side Directional/Blinker

If the markers are allowed in the UK, but you also need to have
blinkers on the side you can easilye rewire them to do both.

I have mentioned this before, check msg# 18378 and further
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews/message/18378>
for an explanation on how and why this works.

Good luck,

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000