Re: 2nd call for western US-Memphis caravan (I-40 re-route)

Re: 2nd call for western US-Memphis caravan (I-40 re-route)

Matthew and List,

Just a reminder, in case you missed the news this weekend, there is a
bridge collapse on I-40 in OK, due to a barge accident. Traffic is
being re-routed on secondary roads, but the recent reports suggest to
avoid the area if at all possible. The extent of the damage may have
this stretch of road shut down for months, a year or longer, once the
final assessment is made. Start looking for alternate routes now.

Later,
Rich W.

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Matthew P. Olans" <mpolans@xxxx> wrote:
> So who is driving to Memphis from the Southwest?
> I am planning to head out from the Phoenix area early
Wednesday
> morning and head up 17 to 40 for the straight shot across. I am
looking for
> anyone taking 40 across from AZ, CA, NV, NM, TX, or surrounding
areas.