Re: [DML] Sealing?

In a message dated 5/27/02 7:12:07 AM Central Daylight Time,
mccarthy410@xxxx writes:

> Hi,
>

> I have question for curiousity. I know some paint their DeLoreans,
> I was wondering, is it possible to put a clear finish on it, like you
> can with wood? It would same effect of paint, but without taking
> away the original look of the DeLorean. Is such a thing possible?
>

> Thanks

I don't know for sure, but i think i know what you are talking about. i
wouldn't do it because it probably would look very bad compared how the car
looks originally. think about it - it would have a grain yet when you touch
it, it would feel smooth - it would be as terrible as that interior
'woodgrain' plastic trim you can buy at walmart!!

if you want to change the color of your car, i would suggest either getting
it painted and clearcoated by a very reputable shop that knows what they are
doing and have hopefully done one before, OR the ultimate - anodizing.
anodizing would be the best because the car would still have a grain only it
would be another color. in fact you could still use a scothbrite pad to take
out scratches and it would still be whatever color you wanted. i have never
seen a D like this before, but i met a guy who has a friend in the michigan
area who took all of this body panels off and had them anodized red - that
way even the insides of the door and the door jams are colored. this would
be sweet..... but i guess it was very $$$$

Andy

Soma576@xxxx
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596
Fargo, ND 58102