Re: [DML] Windshield/vent water drain

In a message dated 5/26/02 9:05:34 PM Central Daylight Time, kenm@xxxx
writes:

> My question is, what's the best way to divert the drain water so it doesn't
> pour right down onto the fuel pump? From there the water runs back and
> pools
> inside the frame. When I put the front of the car on the ramps, water ran
> out of the lower cover plate on the bottom of the frame.
>
> Ken

Ken,

check the parts manual. you should have a rubber boot that goes over the
fuel pump with two tight holes for your fuel lines to go thru the top. it is
secured around the lower boot that supports the pump with a giant hose clamp.
if you have one in good condition, with all the parts, this should keep the
pump dry. i bet you are missing some parts!

Andy

Soma576@xxxx
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596
Fargo, ND 58102