fast idle

Thank you to those who responded to my earlier post. I checked for air leaks
and everything seems to be ok. The car still starts easily but idles at about
3000 rpm. The throttle linkage seems to work fine and returns properly. The
switch seems to work. I started the car and tried to kick down the idle by
tapping the gas
pedal, this only resulted in the idle speed increasing to almost 4000 rpm.
I'm guessing that the throttle valves may be sticking or the throttle plates
are hanging up.How do I check this or is there something else I should
check? I'd really like to fine away to get it running by next weekend as
there is a local show I would like to attend. (it isn't a Delorean show)

Thanks
Lee Meyer #1699