Re: rear drive axle question

If you did not follow the proper procedures in removing the seals you
may have upset the bearing preload. The rumbling you hear may be
because the bearings are now too tight. Refer to F:04:01-02 if manual
and G:06:04-05 for automatic. To set the preload correctly will now
require removal of the final drive. If automatic check the fluid level
of the final drive and if manual check the level of the trans.
It is bad practice to use a torque wrench outside it's range, you may
permanantly damage it. To measure torque above a torque wrench's range
you need a torque multiplier which is a lever calibrated to multipy
the torque from the torque wrench or a bigger torque wrench.
If you are having problems with the master cylinder don't sc-ew
around, make sure you brakes are working CORRECTLY!!! Always use
Castrol GTLMA Dot 4 and if it hasn't been done lately flush the system
out and you will have more to do then just a master cylinder. If a
5-speed do the clutch too.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757