Tires.. excitement and worries...

[ Moderators note: Shops experianced with performance wheels and tires use stick on weights and the balancing can be done by sticking the weights to the back side of the wheel. Most likely the shop that installed the Yokohamas did that. Don't remove the weights that you have now.]

I finally got my new tires today. I got pirelli 6000s for front and
600s for rear. My previous tires were yokohama AVS, and they had no
counter balance weights attached to the wheels. When the techs at Les
Schwab installed my Pirellis they did the spin balance and attached
one of these weights to each wheel.

I feel that these weights detract from the overall cool appearance of
the car.. Can they be removed without causing too much ride
abnormalities? Can they be mounted on the other side of the tire
where they cant be seen?

My Yokos did not have these weights, so I am wondering if yokos are
just so good that they dont require them? I never noticed anything
too crazy going on before with the yokos, but then I had no basis for
comparison either. I have to say that the pirellis are good, road
noise is decreased by 25%, and with tread on the front tires,
steering is very easy now! Now all I need to do is solve my own
outside edge tread wear problem, and I'll be set.

Also the tech tightened the wheel nuts to 90 ft lbs.. is this okay or
should I loosen them?

Adam