RE:Re: [DML] Help.....Car Won't Start

>Bob Thomason wrote:
>
>> I'm still new to my car and it seems to have some >> sort of electrical
bug that has now prevented it
>> from starting. I drive this car daily but
>> sometimes the battery goes dead undetermined
>> reasons. Not often, just occasionally.

Check to be sure your passenger door light go out when the door is closed.
This drained my battery on a number of occasions when I first got my
DeLorean.

>> Got in it this afternoon and battery was dead.
>> Tried a jump which has worked in the past but
>> engine would not budge. Got a normal voltage
>> reading on the dash meter and radio, etc. worked.

It sounds to me like your starter or solenoid are just wearing out. This
happened to me a few years ago, and a new starter and solenoid fixed me
right up. Remember, if a previous owner was starting your car with
insufficient voltage, the starter and solenoid could have experienced
excessive wear.

Martin said your car should have the relay update already. You ought to
double check this, though, just to be sure.

- Mike Substelny
VIN 01280